Historic Chimneys in Cornwall are constructed from cob, stone or brick. Due to their exposed location failings can occur and general maintenance is routinely advised.
Some of the most common failings in Chimneys and Flues, both internally and externally can be caused by:
- Intense heating and cooling cycles
- Inappropriate render and pointing applications
- Water ingress
- Inappropriate flues/flue linings
We have been engaged in many cob, brick and stone Chimney Repair projects in Cornwall and some of the more common failings we have found and the reparatory works* we have carried out include:
1. Vertical cracks in the chimney structure caused by settlement and inefficient flue linings
2. Leaning chimney caused by erosion of cob, stone and brick
3. Damp caused by inappropriate render and pointing applications
*Inspection of flue/flue lining and replacement if appropriate. Introduction of Lime render/pointing applications.
4. Defective pots and flaunching
*Replacement or repair of flaunching and chimney pots
If you would like to discuss your Chimney Repair project in Cornwall, please Contact Us.
For more information about the terminology used within this website, please have a look at our Glossary.
If you have any questions about Historic Building Restoration in Cornwall, please visit our FAQ page.
Chimney Repairs Cornwall – Chimney Rebuild Cornwall – Cornwall Chimney Builders – Failed Chimney Render Cornwall – Chimney Flue Repairs Cornwall – Old Chimney Repair Cornwall – Historic Chimney Repairs Cornwall – Listed Chimney Repairs Cornwall – Flaunching Repairs Cornwall – Re-haunching Chimney Repairs Cornwall – Leaning or Failed Chimney Repairs Cornwall